Education as a way to emigrate to Spain

Education as a way to emigrate to Spain

Moving to Spain on a study visa is a good solution for those who choose to approach emigration with maximum responsibility. Expanding the circle of acquaintances through training, the opportunity to work and easier to obtain a residence permit – these benefits are available to anyone who decided to move to this country, first deciding to get an education here. We will talk about the intricacies and pitfalls of learning as a way to move to Spain in this article.

When we look at education anywhere, including in Spain, the first question that comes to mind is, how old is it possible to study? What are the age limits for those who want to get a study visa and go to a Flamenco country to study and live? Answer: there are no age limits for obtaining a Spanish study visa. But there are some nuances to keep in mind. We will not study the issue of obtaining a study visa for children under the age of 18 – this is a completely different situation than those cases where an adult wants to be trained and move to Spain for permanent residence. Suppose you are about 40 years old and have never been to Spain, do not know the language and do not have relatives in Spain. Applying for a type D study visa in this situation can be refused. Why not? Because this type of visa is a long term visa, it is a more complicated process than a tourist type C visa.

The consulate will carefully check all aspects – obtaining a long term visa is a complicated process. Those who have studied Spanish and can provide a certificate of this (you can enroll in a basic Spanish course some time before your intended trip), or have relatives in the country, go to improve their skills (to study for a master’s degree, etc.), undergo an internship, participate in scientific research, for an internship is easier. The real reasons are a proven way to obtain a long-term visa to Spain, on the basis of which you can then apply for a work permit, and then a residence permit. But what about those who want to move to the country through training?

How to study in Spain from scratch and move to a permanent residence permit

Of course, you should think about education the sooner – the better, although in Spain you can study at 60. But to foreigners from 30 years old requirements are stricter, but to get a study visa and stay on it to live in this beautiful country is quite real. The first thing to do for those who have only been to Spain as a tourist (or have not been at all) and do not know the language, has no reason to study in this country – is to enroll in a language course and study in them on a short-term visa type C. It is easy to get it, and you can even study it at a cooking course. But it’s better to choose a language school – you can learn the language and take a closer look at the country. 

After attending short-term language courses, you should tune in to a more serious education. It is better to do it not immediately, but a year or at least a few months after the first trip. You should choose an institution that has the right to study for foreigners – accreditation. Issuance of a long-term visa type D is provided only for those programs of study that involve final certification and the issuance of diplomas or certificates.

After obtaining a D visa for 180 days, you can study in Spain for a few more months and then return to your country. But that’s a long way to go. You can apply immediately for a long-term visa with year-round residence (student residence), which is extended from Spain – this already involves moving, that is, achieving the goal. You can also consider buying a property in the city you like in Spain. Or you can rent a property using property to rent in majorca. Mallorca has an excellent university where you can show your documents.